Oil and Gas sector
Industry development status.
Over the years of independence
Nowadays more over 20 joint ventures are operating within "Uzbekneftegaz". exploration is underway where leading companies such as "Gazprom" and "Lukoil" (Russia), «CNPC International» (China), «Petronas Carigali» (Malaysia), «Korea National Oil Corporation», «Korea Gas Corporation» and «Daewoo International» (South Korea) are involved. As for newly-established joint ventures, they include «PetroVietnam» (
A few Production Sharing Agreements are implemented with “Gazprom” and “Lukoil” companies, as well as with the International Consortium of investors.
The industry develops in accordance with the Decree of the President of the
Target parameters for further industry development.
Currently, "Uzbekneftegaz" together with foreign partners prepares a number of important investment projects, whose realization will have a significant impact on the fuel market pattern, both nationally and in the region. For instance:
- project on construction of Ustyurt Gas chemical complex for Surgil deposit. The main foreign partner is a Consortium comprising «KOGAS», «Honam Petrochemical Corp.» and «STX Energy» South Korean companies. The project is implemented through international project financing and currently identification of the contractors to construct a process section is being carried out. Design capacity - 4.5 billion cubic meters of gas, as much as 400 thousand tons of polyethylene and nearly 100 thousand tons of polypropylene per year. The process Licensors is «KBR», «Ortloff» and «UOP» (
- project on construction of a plant to produce synthetic liquid fuels near Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex in Kashkadarya region. The main international partners are «Petronas Carigali» and «Sasol» companies. GTL production process based the SASOL’s own process, will allow fto annually process approximately 3.5 billion cubic meters of purified methane of the Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex and produce t 1.7 million tonnes of highly liquid products (diesel fuel, jet fuel, naphtha, liquefied petroleum gas ).
Today only five similar commercial projects are realized in the world. Uzbek project will be another one.
The advantages of the industry.
–the necessary legal framework contributing to creation of enabling environment for business and providing foreign investors with a broad package of benefits and privileges;
- political and macroeconomic stability in the country, that guaranties a guarantor for the investment’s security;
- rich deposits of hydrocarbons, which in turn helps to keep the relatively low prices for vital raw materials;
- well-developed industrial infrastructure for all types of oil and gas operations, including exploration, production, refining and transportation of raw materials, equipment production and construction;
- highly skilled professionals and educational institutions;
- convenient geographical location of