Fruit and Vegetables Processing Industry
Industry development status.
Currently, large-scale modernization and technical upgrading of oil and fat, meat and dairy and food-processing industries, introduction of modern high-tech innovations according to the international best practices are underway in food industry. Attraction of foreign partners who have experience, design, technology and who brought investment s the starting point to this project. w. According to the last year results, the country's food production has increased by 13.8% to each over 6.6 trillion soums. Significantly increased production of margarine products - by 19.3%, bread and bakery products - 45.5%, flour - 19.3%, and sugar - 12.8%.
Currently, 17 joint ventures operate within Association of food industry. These include,for instanc,eenterprises, that were establishedtogether with world famous companies such as «Nestle Uzbekistan»JV, «Coca-Cola Bottlers Uzbekistan»JV, «International Beverages Tashkent»LLC («Pepsi-Cola»), «British American Tobacco Uzbekistan» JV.
Annual Uzbek market demand, based on the minimal medical standards of per capita consumption (
Target parameters for the further industry development.
Food industry of
In general, this Program provides for an increase in 16 types of finished products production. Over the next five years 33 investment projects for construction, reconstruction and modernization on 74.8 million U.S. dollars are planning to be implemented in food industry. During this period
Also, during the next four years it is scheduled to construct 44 milk processing enterprises, reconstruct, renovate and construct 90 meat processing facilities, as well as the reconstruct and renovate 26 enterprises and construct 78 processing plants with annual total capacity of 40.7 tons.
- necessary legal framework contributing to creation of enabling environment for business and providing foreign investors with a broad package of benefits and privileges;
- political and macroeconomic stability in the country, that guaranties the investment’s security;
- opportunity to enter the markets of CIS whose population is over 300 million people, and also the existence of an agreement on free trade zone with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan;
- convenient geographical location of the country;
- relatively cheap energy;
- access to the unused buildings and structures under the zero value on the condition of mandatory investment;
- potential domestic market in
- raw materials based on the climatic and environmental conditions, provide a unique opportunity for fruit and vegetable processing. For instance, from vegetables and fruits processing waste (bagasse, sludge) can be organized production of different pectins, that are able to remove harmful metals (lead, cobalt, copper, mercury) from human body and are widely used not only in the food industry, but also in pharmaceutical, textile, paper, leather, perfume industry, film industry, metallurgy, agriculture and medicine.