Industry development status.
Currently, Uzeltexsanoat" affiliated companies are engaged in implementation of investment projects, which are aimed at production of new kinds of electrical products for household use. In particular, in 2011, 15 investment projects of 96.9 million U.S. dollars of total value have been implemented under the Government's decisions on the line of the Association. Of these, 8 investment projects aimed at increasing of the production and development of new appliances. At the end of 2011 as far as above mentioned projects were implemented production of high-quality import-substituting electric products of consumer goods was achieved. In particular:
- at the "White Machine Technology" enterprise - production of electric vacuum cleaners under the "Samsung" brand;
- In a joint venture "Neo Sun Light" - production of energy-saving fluorescent lamps, apartment air conditioners using "Midea" company technology, microwave ovens under the "Samsung" brand, gas stoves, "Artel" brand air conditioners and TV sets;
- at the "Eco Electron" enterprise - production of household gas stoves of different modifications;
- at the "Sino" enterprise - development of new models of household refrigerators and freezers;
- at the "Rav Express" enterprise - production of copper pipes of different diameter;
- at the "Uzkabel" OJSC JV, "Andijankabel" OJSC JV and "Deutsche Kabel AG Tashkent" OJSC JV enterprises - development of new types and brands of cabling and wiring products.
"Telecom Innovations" JV on production of DSLAM-equipment and ADSL-modems was established together with
Target parameters for further development.
Additional works for the implementation of long-term investment projects, which are aimed to development of import-substituting, competitive electrical products production in 2012-2015 and to the expansion of production volumes are conducted by the Association’s enterprises to advance the electrical industry through establishing new production facilities and development of new types of consumer electronic products. These projects includes the following:
- project on expansion of the range of household gas stoves, development of electric stoves and mini stoves in "Eco Electron" SE, of $ 3.75 million U.S. dollars project cost.
- project on production of LCD TV sets at "White Machine Technology" LLC JV. Through $4.5 million project investments, 100 thousand modern LCD TV sets annually are expected to be produced .- projects on expansion and development of new TV sets models on expansion of electronic scales production and development of modern cash registers. "Photon" plant is the initiator of the projects. Total cost - 5.0 million U.S. dollars and 2.0 million U.S. dollars respectively. As implementation proceeds expansion of new TV sets production and development of new models of TV sets as well as electronic scales and modern cash registers models are expected.
Also, during 2012-2015 production of refrigerators and air conditioners at the "Sino" company through technological upgrading and renovation of production facilities is planned to be expanded. Total project cost is of 16.2 million U.S. dollars. As it proceeds annual production capacity of "Sino" refrigerators output is expected to increased up to 150 thousand units.
Moreover, in 2012, Navoi" FIEZ c «HPS systems» JV was established in Navoi" FIEZ, which will be engaged in the production of power cables with cross-linked insulation to the voltage of up to 400 kW. Currently, these products in the
– necessary legal framework contributing to creation of enabling environment for business and providing foreign investors with a package of benefits and privileges;
- political and macroeconomic stability in the country, that guaranties for the investment’s security;
- opportunity to enter the markets of CIS whose population is over 300 million people, and also the existence of an agreement on free trade zone with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan;
- convenient geographic location of the country;
- highly skilled professionals and quality educational institutions;
- relatively cheap energy;
- access to the unused buildings and structures under the zero value on the condition of mandatory investment.