Construction Materials Industry
Industry development status.
120 investment projects were in Uzbek building materials sector in 2005-2010. Volume and range of building materials has increased through rational placement of production facilities and introduction of modern technologies.
Leading international manufacturers such as «Knauf», «Keda», «FLSmidth», «Lafardge», «TTIOT», «Christian Pffeifer Maschinenfabric GmbH», «Mollers», «Sacmi», «EMG», «PEG »,« CAK » and others are contributing to investment projects implementation.
Modern gypsum-making plant using German company’s «Knauf» technology with annual capacity of 20 million m2 was built at «Knauf Gips Bukhara» LLC JV in
Annual cement production volume more than doubled - from 3.2 to 6.8 million tons thanks to commissioning major industrial enterprises as "Akhangarancement" OJSC, "Bekabadcement" OJSC, "Kyzylkumcement" OJSC and "Kuvasaycement" OJSC modernization and reconstruction over the past 10 years. Their full capacity utilization was reached in 2008-2011.
Target parameters for the further industry development.
Building materials industry’s major challenges include diversification increase, construction products range expansion, export and delivering improved quality and innovative building materials to the domestic market .
Currently,"Bekabadcement" OJSC continues to upgrade existing production facilities including construction of dry c the new line for 850 thousand tons cement production of dry cement a year. Once commissioned, it will to increase annual cement production by one million tons and create 100 new jobs.
In 2012-2014 Almalyk Mining-Metallurgical Complex and "Uzstroymateriali" JSC are planning to build a cement plant of 600 thousand tons capacity . Among oother things, this plant, whose estimated value is 80 million U.S. dollars, will produce 100,000 tonnes of white cement.
Seven investment projects are expected to be implemented in industry under Investment program in 2012. For instance, ceramic tiles project to produce one million square meters of tiles annually is underway at "Moderna Keramik Industries» JV in
These and other projects implementation will allow to saturate domestic construction market with modern high-quality materials made from local raw materials and to increase exports.
- necessary legal framework contributing to creation of enabling environment for business and providing foreign investors with a package of benefits and privileges;
- political and macroeconomic stability in the country, that guaranties the investment’s security;
- opportunity to enter the markets of CIS whose population is over 300 million people, and also the existence of an agreement on free trade zone with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan;
- convenient country’s geographic location;
- relatively cheap energy;
- access to the unused buildings and structures under the zero value on the condition of mandatory investment;
- potential domestic market in
- raw materials resulting from country’s rich natural resources.